The Church of the Divine Child’s Christian Service Commission is dedicated to answering God’s call to service by promoting programs that assist the parishioners of Divine Child and members of the surrounding community with their spiritual and human needs. The Commission meets in the Elementary School Library on the second Monday of the month, September through May. Meetings begin at 7 p.m. All parishioners are invited to share their time and talent with the Commission as it works to fulfill its mission of service, love, justice and peace.
For further information, please call the Parish Rectory at 313.277.3110.
Christian Service Commission Meeting Minutes – January 2017
Christian Service Commission Meeting Minutes – Nov 14, 2016
Christian Service Commission Meeting Minutes – Oct 10, 2016
Christian Service Commission Meeting Minutes – Sept 12, 2016
Christian Service Commission Meeting Minutes – April, 2016
Christian Service Commission Meeting Minutes – February, 2016
Christian Service Commission Meeting Minutes – January 11, 2016
Please click here for a full copy of the Christian Service Commission’s Mission, Goals & Service.
Justice and Peace
- Bereavement ministry
- Emergency meals for ill parishioners
- Prepare and serve meals at St. Pat’s Senior Center
- Mentoring to public school students
- Partner with Sacred Heart Parish on St. Vincent dePaul Society activities.
- Nursing home ministry at Heartland Healthcare Center
- Homebound ministry
- Right-to-Life Lifespan
- Pregnancy Crisis Center
- Life Chain
- March for Life
- Capuchin Household Items Drive
- Christmas Food Drive/Baskets/Gifts
- Organize support for pro-life legislation
- Parish-wide blood drive